Guest Welcome Baskets
When out-of-town guests arrive for your wedding weekend, welcome them with a wonderful basket of treats. Some of the top wedding trends for welcome baskets include:
- Starting with a stylish gift bag, such as an eco-friendly tote with a print design, one that can be used again and again, instead of paper gift bags.
- Provide several bottles of water, each encircled with your personalized wedding logo, as well as bottles of iced tea (one sweetened, one unsweetened,) or several sodas. A new wedding trend is choosing a retro soda, such as a root beer or ginger beer, orange soda or other unique taste.
- Provide a bottle of wine, and have the hotel put wine glasses and a bottle opener in each guest’s room.
- Provide bagged baked items, either cookies or brownies you’ve made yourself, or choices from our New Jersey bakeries – a treat that out-of-town guests love for its authenticity and great taste.
- Provide bagged snacks, such as mini bags of chips, pretzels or snack mix, with a top wedding trend being veggie chips or kettlecorn.
- Provide a printed itinerary, including a reminder of the ceremony and reception venue location and printed directions, plus wedding weekend event start times and locations.
- Add in a hand-written note from you both, thanking your guests for coming to the wedding celebration.
- Provide pampering items, such as mini bottles of aromatherapy lotions.
- If you’re not having a budget wedding, you may choose the pricier inserts of gift cards to the hotel, local coffee shops, or nearby stores.
- Provide kiddie welcome bags for each child guest, offering healthy snacks and sugar-free drinks, plus games and toys from the dollar store, a top wedding trend.
- If you have guests on restricted diets, provide them with a welcome bag of gluten-free snacks.
Another welcome basket trend on a higher budget: surprise guests each night with a different treat. It could be a basket of packaged cookies one night, a bottle of wine another night, pampering items another night. Since wedding weekends can last three or four days, guests stay longer than they used to, so it’s nice to treat them each evening with a new and thoughtful gift.