• Top Wedding Ideas: New Favor Trends
Guests at a wonderful wedding, having enjoyed fine cuisine, top entertainment, top vintages of wine and champagne, and the joyful company of friends and family for your happy occasion would say the experience itself was all the gift they need, but it’s a top wedding etiquette idea to offer a take-home wedding favor they’ll love.
In years past, brides and grooms gave our small wine bottles with their personalized labels on them, and now the top wedding trend for weddings in our Northern New Jersey area is edibles…particularly something sweet.
Here are the top trends edible favors, welcome at the end of your wedding reception:
- Chocolate truffles, in an array of flavors from berry to key lime to chocolate mousse filling
- Cookies, from classic chocolate chip to fall season maple crunch bars to frosted sugar cookies iced with your wedding monogram
- Cake pops
- Chocolate-covered espresso beans, nuts, cherries, apricots, cookies and other treats
- Snack mixes, especially when paired with the wedding theme – such as wasabi pea-filled snack mix, Cajun spice, and more
- Brownie squares, especially in a variety of flavors
- Salt water taffy, a top pick for wedding couples who want to pay tribute to their love of the beach, even when in a garden wedding or top ballroom venue.
- Bags of freshly-made zeppoles
- For bridal showers, cookie flavors, frostings and décor are matched to the bridal shower color scheme.
Here are the top trends for practical wedding favors, which may be given out at the wedding itself, or at bridal shower, engagement parties and morning-after breakfasts:
- Coasters, particularly packs of four glass coasters with a design motif, or photo-holders, those made from bamboo or recycled glass
- Bottle stoppers, particularly ones with decorative tops, such as hearts or colored glass balls
- Spreaders, for guests’ future entertaining cheese platters
- Tea light votives in stylish designs, such as black and white damask patterns so popular this year
- A practical favor for the bridal shower is heart-shaped measuring spoons.
Additional favor trends:
- Potted flowering plants and kitchen herbs
- A framed romantic quote
- Scratch-off lottery tickets
Charitable donation cards with an attached edible, such as a cake pop or packaged candies